Source: RC Driver
The Toyota Celica GT-Four RC was developed as a homologation car to take part in global rally races, and in 1992, 5,000 units were sold around the world. With its curved, powerful body, this car employed a 2-liter turbo engine with metal turbines and water-based intercooler system, which was capable of 235ps.
The 4WD system utilized a centre viscous coupling and a Torsen differential at the rear for superior controllability and traction. In 1993 global rally races, the Celica GT-Four (ST185) brought both Manufacturer’s and Driver’s Championships to Toyota for the first time.
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 450mm, width: 187mm, height: 136mm. Wheelbase: 257mm.
- The lightweight, durable 1.0mm-thick polycarbonate body authentically captures the Toyota Celica GT-Four RC (ST185) in style.
- The model utilizes the efficient shaft-driven 4WD TT-02 chassis which features superior adaptability and stability.
- 5-spoke wheels are paired with tread pattern racing radial tires.
- Comes with stickers and masking stickers for use in the paint job
- Torque Tuned Motor & ESC included
The 2WD BT-01 chassis offers choices of FF/MR/FR drive system based upon the drive system of the actual car your body recreates. Its very first body depicts the fourth generation Toyota Supra (JZA80) which was announced as a Toyota’s flagship sportscar in 1993.
Its top grade RZ model employed a 3-liter inline-6 twin turbo engine capable of 280hp, 6-speed transmission, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension and ventilated disc brakes for front and rear.
The muscular form and high-spec performance mesmerised fans all over the world and achieved success in motorsports races.
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 457mm, width: 185mm, height: 135mm. Wheelbase: 257mm.
- The form of the Toyota Supra (JZA80) is realistically recreated in lightweight polycarbonate.
- 10-spoke one-piece wheels (silver colour) are paired with racing radial tires (Item 50419).
- Separate moulded plastic parts: mirrors, wing, light cases
- Length: 397mm, width: 185mm. Wheelbase: 257mm / 251mm (*).
- The 2WD BT-01 chassis gives a choice of two types of wheelbase (*), and front- or rear- wheel drive system.
- Without removing battery pack, motor and R/C equipment setups from the centre frame, simply change attachment directions of final gears and steering linkage to switch between front- and rear-wheel drive; front (FR) or midship rear (MR) motor position can be chosen for rear-wheel drive cars. (Six setups are available in total.)
- The 4-wheel double wishbone suspension features symmetrical structure and friction dampers.
- Unitized sections such as motor mount, final gears and suspension facilitate ease of assembly and effective maintenance.
- Many Hop-Up Option parts for TT-chassis cars can be used to fine-tune setup.
- Type 540 motor & ESC included
Tamiya welcomes the updated re-edition of the 4WD Hotshot II buggy, the original of which was first produced in 1987, following Tamiya’s first 4WD buggies, item 58047 Hotshot, released in 1985 and item 58054 Supershot released in 1986 The Hotshot II was a lightweight design due to the use of
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 390mm, width: 235mm, height: 160mm.
• The four-wheel drive with shaft transmission guarantees off-road speed and stability even in the most treacherous curves.
• 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension uses CVA (II) oil-filled shock absorbers (one for the front and two for the rear) with a front stabilizer to get the most out of 4WD traction.
• The bodywork and rear wing are made of lightweight polycarbonate (0.7 mm thick) and use a color scheme with orange lines on a black base.
The polycarbonate body is pre-cut and pre-painted in black.
• Front and rear mechanical shells are sealed to keep out dirt and sand and contain differentials for smooth cornering.
• Sections such as the ABS monocoque frame and suspension arms are made of reinforced plastic for long life.
• Oval pin and spiked “semi-pneumatic” hybrid tires are paired with large diameter nylon rims.
• Includes updated sticker sets.
Start of simultaneous worldwide distribution from 23 February 2024
Two J League x Mini 4WD collaboration products, Yokohama F. Marinos Special Edition, will be released.
Mini 4WD Dual RIDGE Jr. Tamiya collaboration 2,750 yen (tax included)
Mini 4WD Aero AVANTE Tamiya collaboration 2,420 yen (tax included)
■ Release Date
October 28th (Sat) 10:00
■ Sales Store
Tricolor One Stadium Shop
“TRICOLORE ONE OFFICIAL WEB SHOP”
Please check the Yokohama F. Marinos official website for details.
Shizuoka’s autumn hobby event “Tamiya Fair” will be held at Twin Messe Shizuoka in November this year!
In 2023, the event will be held in both the North and South Buildings, and we will keep you informed of the event details on this page. Please stay tuned!
Announcement and exhibition of Tamiya’s new products
New products such as scale models, RC models, Mini 4WD, and crafts that will be released from this fall to early next year will be exhibited all at once. Each development staff member will explain the product, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Electric RC car world championship match! (North Building)
Players with advanced skills and speed from the Tamiya Grand Prix All Japan Championship (11 regions), the Tamiya Asia Cup (8 countries in Asia), and the Tamiya Championship Series (North America) will compete for the title of this year’s RC World Champion Driver. We will compete. Machines from various categories engaged in extremely close battles competing for 0.01 seconds. The fast-paced race on the large special circuit is so powerful that it will make you sweat just by watching it!
RC Tank Owners Meeting Held!! (18th, South Building)
The 1/16 RC tank series is attractive for its ultimate sense of realism, recreating not only the actions unique to tanks, but also the sounds and lights. A variety of tanks gather in the special field, from tanks from World War II such as the Tiger I, Sherman, and JS-2 to the latest working tanks such as the Type 10, Leopard 2A6, and M1A2 Abrams. Watch timeless tank battles, including tense one-on-one match battles and team battles where combinations are the key to victory!
Try!! Toyota RC School (19th, South Building)
“Experience the excitement of manufacturing and cars through building an RC car!” An
instructor will teach you everything from assembly to basic driving of Tamiya’s RC on-road car “au TOM’S GR Supra (TT-02 chassis)”! “Try!! Toyota RC School” is an RC car assembly class that can be enjoyed not only by children but also by women. Difficult parts have been specially prepared, so he can assemble it smoothly and effortlessly, and the instructor will provide easy-to-understand instructions for those with no experience. Once the machine is completed, practice running it. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn everything from how to use the transmitter to the basics of flight control.
Shizoka plastic model club joint exhibition
This year, we will once again hold a joint exhibition focusing on clubs active in Shizuoka Prefecture, which is Japan’s number one producer of plastic models. More than hundreds of items will be gathered, including scale models of airplanes, tanks, cars, etc., as well as bodies of Mini 4WD and RC cars.
Mini 4WD event (South Building)
“Mini 4WD Station Champion Tournament 2023” and “Mini 4WD World Challenge 2023” will be held!!
On the 18th (Saturday), the “Mini 4WD Station Champion Tournament 2023 ” will be held (3 lane course) to determine the best in
Japan between racers selected from the “Mini 4WD Station Challenge ”, which has been held in more than 500 competitions nationwide. “ Mini 4WD World Challenge 2023
” will be held on the 19th (Sunday), where overseas representative racers from all over the world and about 100 top domestic racers will compete ! Do not miss it! *Only players who have acquired the right to participate in the race will be allowed to participate in the race.
15 years of Tamico!
We would like to celebrate this small but beautiful anniversary together with you.
And that with a very special anniversary model.
The “Tamiya Dancing Rider Custom Speed Delivery 15 Years TAMICO Limited Edition Kit”.
As the name suggests, this “Dancing Rider” really has it all.
The kit is based on a normal Dancing Rider kit.
But our “Limited Edition” comes with the following very special parts. The “highlight” is immediately noticeable. Instead of the clear and unpainted body, the kit now includes a pre-cut and actually really “chromed” body.
Instead of the original white rims of the Dancing Rider, our kit comes with the special Tamiya 54913/14 rims in neon orange.
But probably the most exclusive part of the “Dancing Rider Speed Delivery” are the included decals. These were exclusively created by us, and give the model the unique ultimate “Speed Delivery Look”. Detailed instructions for these decals in Tamiya quality are included in every kit. So that nothing goes wrong when decaling the model. The model is strictly limited to only 333 pieces. Each individual kit is exclusively numbered for this purpose.
– 1/8 scale kit model
– New 3-wheel chassis with rear engine and front-mounted battery pack
– Front and rear parts are connected and movable for steering movements
Stabilising arms on the sides
– Newly designed body
Scope of delivery:
– Kit model
– detailed illustrated assembly instructions
– 370cc electric motor
– newly designed “Speed Delivery” decals
– 2-channel remote control with steering servo
– battery pack
– Electronic speed controller
– Charger for drive battery
Attention! Please note:
The model is limited to two pieces per customer.
The numbered kits will be shipped in the order in which the orders are received. Therefore, desired numbers cannot be taken into account.
If you would like to have a low serial number, we therefore recommend that you order quickly.
We ask for your understanding.
Ready-to-play circuit with 2 Mini 4WD cars
This set includes a 2-lane Mini 4WD official course, an oval home circuit with 3-dimensional lane change, and 2 machines. The great thing about this is that you can start playing right away once you have assembled the course and completed your mini 4WD. The course is a special color with black corners and sky blue straights and lane changes. The two mini 4WDs we chose were Chevallia and Estura. I’m looking forward to not only racing with family and friends, but also trying time attacks.
Circuit basic specifications
● Size of combined course: 216cm x 120cm ● Course width: 11.5cm ● Fence height: 5cm ● Course length: Approximately 10m for 2 laps ● Stickers to put on the course included ● Assembling/disassembling Easy to fit in type
4 AA batteries for running (for 2 machines)