This kit replicates the Lancia Rally 037 that raced in the early 1980s in a 1:10 scale R/C version.
The highly detailed bodywork is made from durable ABS and is matched to Tamiya’s TA-02S chassis.
The TA02S chassis is the short-wheelbase version of Tamiya’s popular TA02 chassis, perfect for a true sports car.
It features a tubular chassis and fully independent 4-wheel suspension equipped with hydraulic shock absorbers coupled with a rear ball differential and a satellite and planetary differential on the front axle.
– 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 422mm, width: 186mm, height: 132mm.
– The bodywork is injection moulded and offers a highly realistic reproduction of the 037. Comes with metal plated headlight reflectors, taillights and fog lights. The side mirrors and windscreen wipers are made from separate parts.
– It also has cockpits to reproduce the cockpit and the figures of the driver and navigator.
– The TA02S chassis is a 4WD unit with a cardanic transmission, a ball differential at the rear and a differential with satellites and planetaries on the front axle.
– The four-wheel independent double wishbone suspension is combined with CVA oil dampers.
– New front bumper and sheet of stickers to recreate the Martini livery.
– Includes Type 540 engine.
– This new production of January 2022 does not include the electronic controller.
– TS line spray paints are recommended for body painting.
Tiger’s dust creates an incandescent race
A plastic model assembly kit for a four-wheel drive racer that is fun to race with high-performance driving. The Astral Star Tiger version is a special version of the Astral Star, a machine with a real car feel, designed by Kota Nezu of znug design. A sticker designed with a tiger’s face that gives off a glare with the front hood adds an extraordinary impact to the stylish appearance. It is a pleasure to attract attention with its outstanding presence. In addition, the MA chassis, which is easy to assemble and has high performance, adopts a reinforced type made of polycarbonate ABS resin, and the gear cover and rollers are also unified in black color. The 5-spoke wheels are accented as red. And the tires are equipped as standard with super hard small diameter low height tires that are hard to bounce when landing after jumping and have high cornering performance. The tiger’s trash and sharp running will make the race even more exciting. ⇒ design studio · znug design (rigging design) and
MA chassis in pursuit of driving efficiency
“MA” is an abbreviation for Midship AERO. The “MS chassis” with a mid-engined layout with a double shaft motor mounted in the center of the car body, and the “AR chassis” designed with special attention to the airflow (aero) during driving. The “MA chassis” is a combination of the excellent features of each in a single chassis. Of course, by making use of the racing know-how accumulated so far, we have thoroughly refined the running performance by equipping it with a 3.5: 1 gear ratio, 6 low friction resin rollers, and a rear skid bar as standard equipment. In addition, the adoption of an integrated monocoque structure improves ease of assembly and maintainability. It is a chassis that can be used for a wide range of purposes, from beginners to veteran racers, from street races on small courses to official competitions on large special 5-lane circuits.
● Overall length 156 mm, overall width 97 mm, overall height 44 mm ● With double shaft motor ● Adhesive-free inset type for assembly
Items to be purchased separately
● 2 AA batteries
A short while back, we showed you the new Tamiya TD4 Super Avante. This wild looking new off-road 4WD buggy really drew in the eyes of Tamiya fans and beyond. It’s sleek styling and inboard suspension not only looked good but performed well too. And those who really took a good look at the TD chassis design noticed that Tamiya might have had other plans for the chassis. Well, if you were one of those people, it’s true. Meet the new TD2! Based on the TD4, the TD2 is the 2WD variant and shares many of the parts with the 4WD version. The new buggy carries the Astute 2022 name and it maintains a sleek F1 like style to it. Want to get all the details on this buggy? You found the right video!
58700 1/10 R/C 1990 Land Rover Defender 90 (CC-02)
17901 Dog Racer (Blue/Raikiri)
17902 Pig Racer (Pink/Raikiri)
17903 Panda Racer (Green/Raikiri)
17904 Pig Racer (Yellow/Silwolf)
Tools & Paints
69941 Modeler’s Knife (Yellow)
Details about the Tamiya 58706 Thunder Shot 4WD and its differences to the previous version can be read here.
Like at the previous changes of the year
a) which products do you think Tamiya could release this year (static, RC, Mini 4WD, anything else) and
b) which products would you personally like to be released (regardless of if their chances are realistic)?
Feel free to use the comments link at the end of this entry (comments are shown after being checked which can take some hours).
sincerely thanks all of you
for our continuously growing community
and wishes a better new year full
of joy and health with
The Defender 90 is a legendary Land Rover off-road car, and its roots go back to 1948. Based on differences in wheelbases, this car has three types – the Defender 90/110/130. This R/C model depicts a 3-door model with 93-inch wheelbase.
CC-02 Chassis – Off Road, Evolved
Designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, the CC-02 chassis’ ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability. A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear. Four-link rigid suspension is employed front and rear, with CVA oil dampers for all-encompassing control, even on tricky rock sections. This model comes with black wheels and grippy block pattern tires.
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 429mm, width: 200mm, height: 215mm, wheelbase (short): 242mm (CC-01S chassis).
• Polycarbonate body.
• Compatible with 5mm-diameter LEDs x2 for headlights and 5mm-diameter LEDs x6 for the rear.
• Includes separately molded parts for grille, side mirrors, light cases and outer roll gages.
• Black ABS resin wheels are paired with semi-pneumatic all-terrain rubber tires.
• The ladder frame CC-02 chassis features superior durability and employs front/rear coil spring suspension which is great for off-road surfaces including rocky terrain.
• Includes 540 Type brushed motor.
• A wide range of Hop-Up Option Parts is available to customize the CC-02 chassis.
• Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery & charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
Enjoy Mini 4WD more easily!
It is a semi-finished type mini 4WD that even beginners and small children can easily finish. The Pig Glacer (Yellow / Jill Wolf) is a machine in which a cute pig driver rides on Jill Wolf, which is based on the image of a European GT car. The combination of a powerful silhouette and a chubby pig is comical. In addition, the body is full of energy and clear yellow, and the chassis is coordinated with pastel blue and white. I’m looking forward to racing with my friends with a gear ratio of 4: 1. Dress up with colorful stickers such as bib numbers and star marks to complete a unique machine in a world full of originality.
MA chassis pursuing drive efficiency
The chassis has a simple shape with few protrusions and adopts MA that is easy to maintain. The double shaft motor mounted in the center, the rear skid bar made of low friction resin and 6 rollers realize high performance running. It is a chassis that can be used for a wide range of purposes, from beginners to veteran racers, from street races on small courses to official competitions on large special 5-lane circuits.
● Overall length 156 mm, overall width 97 mm, overall height 45 mm ● With double shaft motor ● Can be assembled by simple fitting and screwing without using adhesive.
Items to be purchased separately
● 2 AA batteries ● Nippers, Phillips screwdriver
What is Beginners Mini 4WD
We recommend “Beginners Mini 4WD” for small children and those who are trying mini 4WD for the first time. Body and chassis parts are pre-cut and assembled. Separate the tires from the runners, fit them in, screw the front and rear rollers and rear stays, and put an animal driver full of love on it to create an attractive machine. The point is that there is almost no work that requires technique or power. We have also set a sticker that you can put on any place you like.
More Beginners Mini 4WD
This R/C model features some basic specifications inherited from item 58361 with different CVA oil shocks and the addition of an aluminium engine mount.
– This R/C model assembly kit is an updated version of the Thunder Shot, the original of which was first produced in 1987. Length: 390mm, width: 240mm, height: 135mm.
– The polycarbonate body is pre-cut and pre-painted in white and blue, with a clear cover. (The body requires the application of stickers, mounting and painting of the driver figure).
– Robust ABS tub chassis is easy to maintain.
– Metal motor mount included in the kit.
– Independent 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with CVA oil dampers (*) uses front anti-roll bar for extra stability. *Changed from CVA 1st series to 2nd series oil shock absorbers for ease of installation.
– The front and rear mechanical reduction gears are sealed and contain compact and durable die-cast 3-satellite differential gears.
– Studded tyres provide excellent grip.
– Contains separate rear wing (pre-painted white).
– Includes driver figure.
540 engine included, R/C system sold separately.
Toyota’s Land Cruiser is one of the most recognisable 4WD vehicles in the world, especially the 40, a series that was sold from 1960 to 1984.
Now, Tamiya is pleased to announce a new version: an R/C model featuring the combination of the GF-01FT 4WD chassis and track units for traction.
– This is a 1/12 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 337mm, width: 250mm, height: 236mm. Wheelbase: 174mm.
– This model is a reproduction of the Land Cruiser 40 Pick-Up fitted with 3-point tracks to replace the tyres.
– These tracks offer superlative traction compared to tyres and allow the model to run in snow, sand, mud and other conditions.
– The model is based on the GF-01FT gear-driven 4WD chassis, which features a monocoque chassis with traction provided by the mid-mounted engine through front and rear differentials.
– The square layout with similar wheelbase and tread size offers unique performance.
– Choose from two types of tracks; standard flat and ribbed.
– A transparent polycarbonate body and driver figure are also included.
– Please note that ball bearings for the tracks are not included.
540 motor included and R/C system sold separately.