Like at the previous changes of the year
a) which products do you think Tamiya could release this year (static, RC, Mini 4WD, anything else) and
b) which products would you personally like to be released (regardless of if their chances are realistic)?
Feel free to use the comments link at the end of this entry (comments are shown after being checked which can take some hours).
sincerely thanks all of you
for our continuously growing community
and wishes a better new year full
of joy and health with
The 1990 Land Rover Defender 90 (originally depicted in Item 58657 on the CC-01 chassis) makes its way to the CC-02 chassis!
The Defender 90 is a legendary Land Rover off-road car, and its roots go back to 1948. Based on differences in wheelbases, this car has three types – the Defender 90/110/130. This R/C model depicts a 3-door model with 93-inch wheelbase.
CC-02 Chassis – Off Road, Evolved
Designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, the CC-02 chassis’ ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability. A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear. Four-link rigid suspension is employed front and rear, with CVA oil dampers for all-encompassing control, even on tricky rock sections. This model comes with black wheels and grippy block pattern tires.
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 429mm, width: 200mm, height: 215mm, wheelbase (short): 242mm (CC-01S chassis).
• Polycarbonate body.
• Compatible with 5mm-diameter LEDs x2 for headlights and 5mm-diameter LEDs x6 for the rear.
• Includes separately molded parts for grille, side mirrors, light cases and outer roll gages.
• Black ABS resin wheels are paired with semi-pneumatic all-terrain rubber tires.
• The ladder frame CC-02 chassis features superior durability and employs front/rear coil spring suspension which is great for off-road surfaces including rocky terrain.
• Includes 540 Type brushed motor.
• A wide range of Hop-Up Option Parts is available to customize the CC-02 chassis.
• Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery & charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
Enjoy Mini 4WD more easily!
Overall length = 156 mm The photo shows the assembled kit.
It is a semi-finished type mini 4WD that even beginners and small children can easily finish. The Pig Glacer (Yellow / Jill Wolf) is a machine in which a cute pig driver rides on Jill Wolf, which is based on the image of a European GT car. The combination of a powerful silhouette and a chubby pig is comical. In addition, the body is full of energy and clear yellow, and the chassis is coordinated with pastel blue and white. I’m looking forward to racing with my friends with a gear ratio of 4: 1. Dress up with colorful stickers such as bib numbers and star marks to complete a unique machine in a world full of originality.
MA chassis pursuing drive efficiency
The chassis has a simple shape with few protrusions and adopts MA that is easy to maintain. The double shaft motor mounted in the center, the rear skid bar made of low friction resin and 6 rollers realize high performance running. It is a chassis that can be used for a wide range of purposes, from beginners to veteran racers, from street races on small courses to official competitions on large special 5-lane circuits.
● Overall length 156 mm, overall width 97 mm, overall height 45 mm ● With double shaft motor ● Can be assembled by simple fitting and screwing without using adhesive.
Items to be purchased separately
● 2 AA batteries ● Nippers, Phillips screwdriver
What is Beginners Mini 4WD
We recommend “Beginners Mini 4WD” for small children and those who are trying mini 4WD for the first time. Body and chassis parts are pre-cut and assembled. Separate the tires from the runners, fit them in, screw the front and rear rollers and rear stays, and put an animal driver full of love on it to create an attractive machine. The point is that there is almost no work that requires technique or power. We have also set a sticker that you can put on any place you like.
More Beginners Mini 4WD
After the Fire Dragon, the Terra Scorcher and the Thunder Dragon, Tamiya welcomes the Thunder Shot as a reissue and updated version!
This R/C model features some basic specifications inherited from item 58361 with different CVA oil shocks and the addition of an aluminium engine mount.
– This R/C model assembly kit is an updated version of the Thunder Shot, the original of which was first produced in 1987. Length: 390mm, width: 240mm, height: 135mm.
– The polycarbonate body is pre-cut and pre-painted in white and blue, with a clear cover. (The body requires the application of stickers, mounting and painting of the driver figure).
– Robust ABS tub chassis is easy to maintain.
– Metal motor mount included in the kit.
– Independent 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with CVA oil dampers (*) uses front anti-roll bar for extra stability. *Changed from CVA 1st series to 2nd series oil shock absorbers for ease of installation.
– The front and rear mechanical reduction gears are sealed and contain compact and durable die-cast 3-satellite differential gears.
– Studded tyres provide excellent grip.
– Contains separate rear wing (pre-painted white).
– Includes driver figure.
540 engine included, R/C system sold separately.
Toyota’s Land Cruiser is one of the most recognisable 4WD vehicles in the world, especially the 40, a series that was sold from 1960 to 1984.
Now, Tamiya is pleased to announce a new version: an R/C model featuring the combination of the GF-01FT 4WD chassis and track units for traction.
– This is a 1/12 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 337mm, width: 250mm, height: 236mm. Wheelbase: 174mm.
– This model is a reproduction of the Land Cruiser 40 Pick-Up fitted with 3-point tracks to replace the tyres.
– These tracks offer superlative traction compared to tyres and allow the model to run in snow, sand, mud and other conditions.
– The model is based on the GF-01FT gear-driven 4WD chassis, which features a monocoque chassis with traction provided by the mid-mounted engine through front and rear differentials.
– The square layout with similar wheelbase and tread size offers unique performance.
– Choose from two types of tracks; standard flat and ribbed.
– A transparent polycarbonate body and driver figure are also included.
– Please note that ball bearings for the tracks are not included.
540 motor included and R/C system sold separately.
Following on from 2020, 2021 has been another turbulent year but it is now drawing to a close, and Tamiya would like to wish a safe and happy holiday season to all around the world.
Wishing a happy holiday season to all Tamiya fans across the globe!
Introducing the Tamiya Grand Prix Champion Finals and Tamiya RC History!
・ We will deliver the pattern of the Tamiya Grand Prix Champion deciding match 2021 held on Saturday, December 4th and Sunday, December 5th! Introducing the Jr / GT / TRF Grand Prix class as the second part. ・ In Tamiya RC History << 25 >>, you can see “Toyota Celica GT FOUR”, “Super Astute 2WD” and “Ferrari F40” released in 1991.
Christmas Special 2021 !! Introducing the Tamiya Off-Road Meeting and a special talk show!
・ We will deliver the pattern of the Tamiya Off-Road Meeting held on 12/12 (Sun)! 4 classes held (Classic Buggy, Tamtech Gear, Dragon Challenge, Super Avante) ・ As a Christmas special talk show (1) Introducing new products released in December 2021 (2) Looking back on the 2021 Tamiya RC, Maezumi , Kono, Sunahara’s Tamiya RC of the Year announced! (3) We will introduce Tamiya products that are ideal for Christmas gifts.
Tamiya Satoshi Maezumi, Riku Sunahara, Takayuki Kono
Tamiya Grand Prix All Japan Championship Kyushu Tournament and Tamiya RC History!
・ Introducing the Tamiya Grand Prix All Japan Championship Kyushu Tournament held in Greenland, Arao City, Kumamoto Prefecture on Saturday, November 27th. ・ The Formula E class final video in which Tamiya Maezumi, also known as Paisen, participated is also released. See driving techniques on slightly slippery roads! ・ For Tamiya RC History << 23 >>, please see “Bullhead” and “Tyrell 190 Ford” released in 1990, “Nissan 300ZX IMSA / GTO” and “Jaguar XJR-12 (Daytona specification)” released in 1991. to introduce.
Introduction of Tamiya Grand Prix Champion Finals and Tamiya RC History!
・ We will deliver the pattern of the Tamiya Grand Prix Champion deciding match 2021 held on Saturday, December 4th and Sunday, December 5th! First of all, I would like to introduce the M Sports ST Grand Prix class as the first part. ・ In Tamiya RC History “24”, you can see “Barehawk 2WD”, “Honda NSX” and “Lotus 102B Judd” released in 1991. *