Back on the Track!
This is an update of a popular 2WD buggy model which was a stablemate of the famous Hotshot in the late 1980s. The elegant, slim polycarbonate body brings to mind the image of a full-size racing buggy, and its markings take inspiration from the original model. Jazzy gold color metal-plated wheels are fitted with front ribbed and rear oval block tires for excellent off-road performance. The model includes a driver figure to install in the cockpit.
Updated Rear-Wheel 2WD Off-Road Chassis
This classic model retains its highly dust-resistant monocoque frame and 4-wheel independent double suspension, while also receiving updates to make it suited to the modern R/C world. Dog-bone type drive shafts are added, as is a stabilizer to help neutralize roll. Sealed gearbox and rear uprights now include a total of 8 ball bearings as standard, providing even more effective power transmission.
●Length: 425mm ●Height: 133mm ●Width: 225mm ●Weight: 1,140g (Not including R/C equipment and battery pack) ●Wheelbase: 260mm ●Tread: 198mm (Front), 183mm (Rear) ●Tire Width/Diameter: 23/83mm (Front), 38/88mm (Rear) ●ABS Resin Monocoque Frame ●Rear-Wheel 2WD ●3-Bevel Differentials ●4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension ●CVA Oil Dampers x3 (Front & Rear Total) ●Gear Ratio= 8.7:1, 7.25:1 ●Type 540 Motor ●Requires Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately) ※Cannot be used with Tamiya LF3700-6.6V Racing Pack (sold separately)
Separately Required Items
●2-Channel R/C Unit with ESC ●Battery Pack & Charger ●R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
1/12 SCALE R/C CLASSIC 1950’s STYLE PICK-UP TRUCK MIDNIGHT PUMPKIN “BLACK EDITION”
A Timeless Classic
This R/C assembly kit features a highly detailed pick-up truck body that is reminiscent of the classic 1950s American designs. Decked out in black accentuated by the metal plated front grille, overhanging fenders, dampers and roll bar, it cuts a sharp figure on top of big 115mm diameter tires.
2WD Chassis Mounted on Big 115mm Diameter Tires
The durable and easy-to-assemble 2WD chassis employs a box type frame, front swingarm independent and rear rolling rigid suspension. Big 115mm diameter semi-pneumatic tires on yellow wheels offer dynamic running on even the toughest of surfaces. The sealed gearbox protects diff gear from dirt and sand during off-road driving and a rear mounted wheelie bar enables wild wheels in the air stunt driving.
●Length: 385mm, Width: 290mm, Height: 260mm ●Weight: 1,560g (not including R/C mechanism and battery) ●Wheelbase: 207mm ●Tread: 212mm (Front), 216mm (Rear) ●F/R Tire Width/Diameter: 115/71mm ●ABS Box Type Frame ●Rear-wheel 2WD ●Suspension: Independent Swingarm (Front), Rolling Rigid (Rear)
●F/R Friction Dampers ●2-Piece Steering Tie-Rod ●3-Bevel Differentials ●Gear Ratio: 14.7:1 ●Type 540 Motor
●Requires an Electronic Speed Controller (sold separately)
Separately Required Items
●2-Channel R/C System w/ESC●R6/AA/UM3 batteries for transmitter
●Battery Pack & Charger
A presentation ceremony in which 1,500 plastic model kits and other items will be donated to Shizuoka City by member companies of the Shizuoka Model Educational Materials Cooperative Association and the Shizuoka Branch of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West will be held on February 16, 2024 in the lobby of Tamiya Co., Ltd.’s headquarters in Shizuoka City. I got it. Last year, NTT West Shizuoka Branch took the lead in a fundraising campaign to support town development using plastic models.This time, with the cooperation of Shizuoka Model and Teaching Materials Cooperative Association member companies, the donations were turned into plastic model kits and sent to Shizuoka City. It was donated. The gifts will be used for things such as manufacturing education experience kits for elementary school students in the city and Hobby Show downtown tour programs.
Chairman of Shizuoka Model Teaching Materials Cooperative Association
Tamiya Co., Ltd. Representative Director and President Shunsaku Tamiya Director Aoshima
Bunka Kyozai Co., Ltd. Representative Director and Chairman Norio Aoshima Director
Hasegawa Co., Ltd. President and Representative Director Katsuto Hasegawa
Director Aoshima Bunka Co., Ltd. Daisuke Aoshima, Representative Director and President, Kyokuisha Toshiyuki Bansho,
Branch Manager, Shizuoka Branch, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West Co., Ltd.
Hikaru Inaba, Director of Economic Affairs Bureau, Shizuoka City
The fourth generation Supra (JZA80) makes an appearance on our new 2WD chassis: the BT-01 offers a choice of front- and rear-wheel drive setups, with the latter having FR (front motor) and MR (midship-rear motor) options. It can also be set up with 251mm and 257mm wheelbases, and has unitized sections to make it easier to work on your car.
Tamiya welcomes a re-released and updated version of the 4WD buggy Hotshot II, the original of which was first released in 1987, following Tamiya’s first 4WD buggy Item 58047 Hotshot released in 1985 and Item 58054 Supershot released in 1986. The Hotshot II was a lightweight design thanks to its use of plastic parts.
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 390mm, width: 235mm, height: 160mm.
- The shaft-driven 4WD gives speed and stability off road, and through corners.
- The 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension employs CVA oil dampers (II) (one for front and two for rear) with a front stabilizer to help get the most out of the 4-wheel drive.
- Dynamic body and rear wing are lightweight polycarbonate (0.7mm thick), and use a colour scheme featuring orange lines on a black base. Polycarbonate body is pre-cut and pre-painted in black.
- Gearboxes are sealed to keep out dirt and sand, and contain differentials for smooth cornering.
- Sections such as ABS monocoque frame and suspension arms feature reinforced plastic for high durability.
- Semi-pneumatic oval block / pin spike hybrid tires are paired with large-diameter one-piece nylon wheel.
- Includes updated stickers
- Includes 540 motor and ESC
The results of the 2024 “Model des Jahres (Model of the Year)” selected by the German scale model magazine “Modell Fan” have been announced. For this award, the best model in each genre will be selected from among the new models announced in Germany in 2023 by a selection committee made up of “Modell Fan” magazine readers’ votes and editorial staff. This time, the winners were the 1/24 GMA T.50 and 1/72 Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II. In addition, the German miniature model magazine “Modell-Fahrzeug”, which deals with a wide range of scale models of cars and motorcycles, RC, die-cast, slot cars, etc., won the “1/10 RC Porsche 911 GT3 ( 992)” was selected, and was also awarded “Premium Brand 2023 (Best Brand of the Year)” in the model category and RC car category.
Prestigious Awards for Tamiya
The results of the latest Modell des Jahres (Model of the Year) awards were recently announced by German magazine ModellFan! Tamiya is delighted to report that two of our models – 1/24 GMA T.50 and 1/72 Lockheed Martin® F-35®A Lightning II® – were honored in the awards, which are chosen by the magazine’s staff and readership.
This news follows German scale and R/C auto model magazine Modellfahrzeug honoring our 1/10 R/C Porsche 911 GT3 (992) (TT-02) model with a Modellfahrzeug des Jahres award, and naming Tamiya a 2023 Premium Brand in both the R/C and static model genres.
Modell Fan (a German scale model magazine) has selected two Tamiya products as the “Models of the Year” this year as well, including the 1/24 GMA T. 50 were awarded.
Another winner of the “Model des Jares (Model of the Year) 2024” award was the 1/72 Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II from the Warbird Collection.
The 1/10 RC Porsche 911 GT3 (992) won the RC car model of the year award selected by Modell- Fahrzeug (a German miniature model magazine) .
[Annual Model Award] 1/24 GMA T.50
[Annual Model Award] 1/72 Lockheed Martin F-35A Lightning II
[Outstanding model of the year award] 1/10RC Porsche 911 GT3 (992) (TT-02 chassis)
Modell-Fahrzeug (a German miniature model magazine ) won the Premium Brand 2023 (Top Brand Award) in two categories: model category and RC car category, in addition to the 1/10 RC car model of the year award.
The TRF series welcomes the brand new TRF421 chassis kit.
This R/C model build kit creates a 4WD carbon fiber two-plate chassis with belt drive.
New features, such as the updated transmission and newly designed lower frame, updated top plate (one-piece or two-piece), A-shaped front and rear upper suspension arms, adjustable front and rear caster angles and shorter shock absorbers will definitely provide superior performance.
• This is a 1/10 scale R/C chassis assembly kit.
• The drivetrain has the engine location moved 22.7mm toward the center of the frame compared to the TRF420X Frame Kit (item 42382) and features identical length front and rear drive belts for stable handling.
• With the updated spur gear and drive belt configuration, only one dedicated nut is needed to connect the gear.
• The bottom plate is smaller than that used on the TRF420X frame kit to limit height and dive when rolling.
• Choose between two types (one-piece and two-piece) of top plate. Changing screw positions allows for five configurations in total.
• A-shaped suspension arms are used for increased rigidity. (The 420X chassis kit uses I-arm suspension.) Longer lower arm spans limit swing amplitude and provide stability when the chassis experiences body roll.
• Along with the extension of the lower arms, the front and rear suspension setups have been changed from ball suspension blocks. The approximately 7mm longer arm extension limits the swing range and ensures stability.
• The toe angle can be adjusted by the struts. (The toe angle of the lower arm inboard is 0 degrees.)
• Three shock absorber mounting positions (inner, middle and outer) on the front and rear lower arms are provided by two types of aluminum bushings.
• Changing the position of the upper arm mounts using screws allows you to change the front and rear caster angles, suitable for today’s high downforce racing.
• The shocks are 5.5mm shorter than the 420X frame kit, which provides a very low center of gravity and reduces weight, for a more dynamic ride.
• Dedicated shock absorber ends are used at the front and rear to ensure the same shock rod level.
• New shock absorber oil seals (item 51738) are used to maintain the maximum amount of oil and to use shock oil efficiently.
• While the 420X frame kit uses carbon fiber shock mounts, this kit uses aluminum mounts for precise angle adjustments via the number of spacers used.
• The front and rear differential pulleys are newly designed while direct coupling and oil-filled differential gears are employed at the front and rear respectively.
• The front features dual universal joint shafts, while the rear uses lightweight universal driveshafts. New axle (Item 42388) and 45mm driveshafts (Item 42387) are used for both front and rear to ensure efficient transmission and maintenance.
• Newly designed, lightweight rear wheel axles improve durability.
• Precision stabilizers are mounted lower than the drive shafts for efficient transmission maintenance. Includes 1.0mm diameter (x1), 1.1mm diameter (x2), and 1.2mm diameter (x1).
• The steering system combines dual steering arms and Ackerman bushing with a new steering axle. Three types of new spacers of different diameters allow adjustment of the steering angle.
• Includes TRF series sealed ball bearings for efficient rotation and item 22078 Aluminum Differential Mounts (0.8mm offset, 2 pieces).
• Newly designed battery holder requires no tape for attachment.
• Comes with a dedicated carrying case.
• Please note that this chassis requires bodywork, battery pack, motor, ESC controller, tires, rims and remote controller sold separately.
Start of worldwide contemporary distribution from 31 May 2024