This is a gravitation mountain bike team “NONmotorize” that has been in business for 16 years. 4 selected members will participate. I remembered the buggy that I loved when I was a child when I thought that it was a vehicle that raised the feelings of the audience as well as the participants themselves. This cart is made from unnecessary parts of mountain bikes collected from team members. Can you run through the course lightly and show off your brilliant jumps!?
Sources: Soapboxrace Red Bull & smp/SH@NONmotorize @ Twitter
47429 Porsche 911 GT3 CUP VIP 08 (TT-01E)
47430 Ford Mustang SVT CobraR (TT-01E)
47432 Super Clod Buster Black Edition
47435 Renault 5 Turbo (M-05Ra)
* Limited production batches with new 47xxx numbers, preliminary images of the previous versions, 47430 on TT-01E instead of TA02 chassis.
Coming soon! December 2019
Get ready to do some fun trail exploration with the all-new Tamiya CC-02 (Cross Country 2) chassis platform! Tamiya’s designers have been hard at work to bring R/C enthusiasts the next generation of Tamiya trail driving with a completely revamped machine.
The first body to grace the capable new chassis is a highly-detailed polycarbonate recreation of the Mercedes-Benz G 500, which first graced the Mercedes stable of SUV’s in 2018.
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 455mm, width: 196mm, height: 207mm. Wheelbase: 267mm.
• TLU-01 LED Light Unit and LEDs included in export version.
• G 500 body is recreated accurately in polycarbonate. Separately molded parts are included for the front grille, side mirrors and spare tire cover.
• Designed for a wide range of off-road terrain including rocky surfaces, the CC-02 chassis’ ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability.
• A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle, with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears to the front and rear.
• Twenty gear ratios between 11.09:1 and 29.28:1 are possible using separately sold pinion gears, for some serious fine-tuning!
• 4-link rigid suspension front and rear, with CVA oil dampers.
• Differential Gears: 3-bevel differential gears provide a smooth driving. They can also be locked (with reassembly) for driving on poor surfaces.
• Axle Housings: Housings enclose a central differential gear and axle shafts in a rigid setup that lets the chassis take on rough terrain with ease: if one wheel rises, the other is pushed downward to help the chassis gain traction.
• Gearbox: Power from the motor is routed via the realistic looking gearbox and transfer case, from its propeller shafts to the differential gears, and finally to the wheels.
• 4-Link Suspension: A rigid setup employs 4 plastic link arms on each axle housing and four oil dampers. This ergonomic design offers superior durability and the ground clearance.
• Includes: Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit.
• Required Items: 2-Channerl radio, steering servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
Speaking of summer contests other than summer Koshien, the Tamiya Modelers Contest is held every year at the Tobu Department Store in Ikebukuro, Tokyo. A lot of works gathered in Modelers Gallery this year. The number of entries is 176, which is larger than the previous application. All the works were difficult to make, and the judges were pleasantly troubled. There was also a happy work that younger fans invited together with their friends and exhibited together. There are many ways to enjoy the model and to participate in the festival with a feeling of festivities. Not all works can be published, but here are the award-winning works. Next time, please visit the venue and enjoy all the works. The state of the contest is also introduced with the work in Tamiya News October issue (Vol.605) and November issue (Vol.606). Please have a look.
58674 1/10 R/C TOYOTA GR Supra (TT-02)
54886 TRF419 Suspension Upgrade Set
54905 TB-05 Aluminum Rear Damper Stay Mount
54923 TB-05 Adjustable Ackerman Set
42338 Touring Car Carrying Case (Hard)
42339 R/C Tool Bag
42340 R/C Car Bag
51622 1/10 Scale R/C TOYOTA GR Supra Body Parts Set
32597 1/48 German Tank Panther Ausf.D
35161 1/35 U.S. Self-Propelled A.A. Gun M42 Duster (w/3 Figures)
36213 1/16 U.S. Airborne Tank M551 Sheridan (Display Model)
25422 1/700 Battle Of Malaya Set (w/Background Pamphlet)
95551 Dyipne (FM-A)
95521 Mini 4WD Oval Home Circuit (Two-Level Lane Change) plus DCR-01 & DCR-02
95513 19mm Aluminum Ball-Race Rollers (6 Spokes) w/Plastic Rings (Red)
95520 Aluminum Spacer Set (12/6.7/6/3/1.5mm, 2pcs. each) (Purple)
Tools & Paints
74154 Modeling Template (Rounded Rectangles, 1-6mm)
81791 Acrylic Mini XF-91 IJN Gray (Yokosuka Arsenal)
I ran the Monster Beetle. Big tires are very light and jump over. The lawn and off-road surfaces run powerfully.
Source: パイセンRC YouTube channel
TAMIYA R/C GUIDE BOOK Volume 14 (2019 AUTUMN-WINTER)
Released around Saturday, October 26, 2019 – 440 yen
Tamiya RC Guidebook Vol.14 is published with carefully selected Tamiya RC models. Starting with comical RC cars that are gaining popularity due to their fun style and action-packed driving, classic touring cars and formula cars that are attractive for high-speed driving, off-road cars that do not choose where to run, tanks and trailer trucks with powerful big sizes, Tamiya’s major RC models, such as the three-wheeled RC that enjoys cornering by tilting the car body, and the completed model XB that can be played right out of the box, are released. The new product of attention announced at the hobby show in September 2019 was also posted. You can also enjoy RC videos by printing the popular QR code and jumping to the Tamiya website using a smartphone or mobile phone. In addition, the RC Start Guide introduced the mechanism and maintenance of the “Differential Gear” that holds the key to cornering. Of course, there are also plenty of pages that will be helpful to fans who will start RC from now on, such as a guide to participating in the race and an introduction to the popular “Try !! Tamiya RC School”. At the end of the book, we introduced hobby shops throughout the country and Tamiya’s RC circuit. All color A4 size, 38 pages full of volume.
Representative optional parts that can be used for the chassis of the popular comical RC car, WR-02CB, are shown in color. Customize your machine and it will be more interesting to run.
Off-road model that doesn’t choose where to run. Including easy-to-assemble 4WD buggy for beginners, reprint buggy nostalgic for buggy boom generation is also posted. Other pages pick up recommended products by genre such as touring cars and formula cars.
A notable item of the new model is the Mercedes-Benz G500, which uses CC-02, a new shaft-driven 4WD chassis that uses 4-link rigid suspension in the front and rear. In addition to the hot topic sports car “Toyota GR Supra”, we quickly published the hot models announced at the All Japan Hobby Show.
The RC start guide explains the differential (differential gear), which plays an important role when the machine corners. It also introduces the mechanism of TT-02 chassis differential and how to set it.