After the Fire Dragon, the Terra Scorcher and the Thunder Dragon, Tamiya welcomes the Thunder Shot as a reissue and updated version!
This R/C model features some basic specifications inherited from item 58361 with different CVA oil shocks and the addition of an aluminium engine mount.
– This R/C model assembly kit is an updated version of the Thunder Shot, the original of which was first produced in 1987. Length: 390mm, width: 240mm, height: 135mm.
– The polycarbonate body is pre-cut and pre-painted in white and blue, with a clear cover. (The body requires the application of stickers, mounting and painting of the driver figure).
– Robust ABS tub chassis is easy to maintain.
– Metal motor mount included in the kit.
– Independent 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with CVA oil dampers (*) uses front anti-roll bar for extra stability. *Changed from CVA 1st series to 2nd series oil shock absorbers for ease of installation.
– The front and rear mechanical reduction gears are sealed and contain compact and durable die-cast 3-satellite differential gears.
– Studded tyres provide excellent grip.
– Contains separate rear wing (pre-painted white).
– Includes driver figure.
540 engine included, R/C system sold separately.
Great to hear tamiya is extending the rerelease lineup. I would love to see the original manual pages that are removed from the manual included at the end and to have tamiya issue “backdate” kits with mechanical speed controler or other old style stuff that was updated in the models (fixed dif/original steering setup on subaru brat, etc)