He therefore becomes succesor of his land colleague Peter Pinisch and replaces at the same time also his 2WD EM title from 2006 with the 4WD EM title in 2007!
Hupo could drive out the pole position with his Tamiya in the qualification. Nevertheless, the British Neil Cragg won the first finale, Hupo became only fourth. This meant that Hönigl should absolutely keep his poles position in the last two finales if he still wanted to become a European champion. Hupo did it, he won both last runs before Neil Cragg, third became Richard Cree.
The Tamiya RC work steam, the official home page of TRF opens more and more. The front residence supervised completely “the speed of TRF, please observes to page which expresses strength” design and color errand. Because it develops large number we prepare the information which furthermore makes RC life such as introduction and challenge cup information of the “TRF project shop” pleasant in the Japanese entire country including the up-to-date news regarding TRF, by all means viewing. In addition, when you are admitted to the cheer group “TRF project supporter” of TRF which starts collection on the sight from the middle of August, besides the fact that the supporter limited T shirt and member proof are given, you can view “DRIVER`S VOICE” due to the TRF member who fights at the many places of the world. Because with this, also speedy article renewal from the race/lace meeting place and test actual place is in the midst of planning, in the pleasure. Because service for the supporter is the schedule which in the future it keeps expanding, the family and the friend and together, by all means admission.
TRF official sight contents introduction
News such as TOPICS ⇒ up-to-date topic and information of challenge cup opening understands at the glance.
Introduction and former game history of about TRF ⇒ TRF member are introduced.
It develops in TRF PROJECT ⇒ entire country “the TRF project shop” list and the cheer group “TRF project supporter” of TRF large collection.
INSIDE REPORT ⇒ race/lace and up-to-date development are explained from the gaze of TRF.
DRIVER `S VOICE ⇒ project supporter private page. Not only [satoshi] and [kiyokazu], the mark, the overseas TRF driver such as Victor every day is put together.
Link (active from 01.08.2007) : http://www.tamiya.com/trf
After having a look at the manual of the Hotshot 2007, I feel that the Hotshot 2007 is the poorest of the re-releases so far. I can appreciate it as a re-release being quite true to the original, but considering that many parts have been improved, I have difficulties understanding why many of the weaknesses haven’t been fixed, more so as other models in the Hotshot series (especially the Hotshot 2), had many of the Hotshot’s problems fixed. Problems that are now “revived” with the re-release. Tamiya will sure have their well considered reasons, and unlike me, those who wanted the re-release to be as close to the original as possible, will have their wish at least partially granted. As nice and interesting as the Hotshot 1 looks, a re-release close to the original is a welcome flashback, but it also means that it remains the most “immature” design in the Hotshot series.
Below a little list on details that the review of the manual has revealed, and which couldn’t be recognized on the pictures earlier available, or otherwise made known.
1. Diff joints without the integral 2mm pin (loose pin instead): More slop, higher frictionlosses and wear. The fixed pin was introduced with the Hotshot 2 and has been a standard feature for most Tamiya models since and it offers significant benefits over the “loose design”, as described in one of my earlier comments.
2. The same amount of ball bearings are included as with the original release. Considering how unprecise and inefficient the Hotshot gearbox design is, how important full ball bearings are and the fact that ball bearings aren’t by far as expensive as they were in the mid ’80′s, I would have expected Tamiya to include them. This is of course a cost issue, but as I’m sure almost all buyers will mount full ball bearings anyway, a slightly higher kit price for a kit with full ball bearings, would in my humble opinion have made more sense.
3. Pinion spacing arrangement is the same as the original release, instead of the much improved Hotshot 2 arrangement: Fiddly and more likely to get debris inside the rear gearbox. Not so critical on new and clean parts, but from past experience with the original, I know just too well how awkward this used to be.
4. As far as I can see, aluminum front bumper hex instead of brass, like later models in the Hotshot series: Threads strip much more easily, a very well known problem with the original release.
5. Not self tapping screws for radiobox, as introduced with the Hotshot 2: Much more difficult access to radiogear and more likely stripping of screwheads. (I will grease the screws on mine). I of course realise that entry to the radiobox will be less necessary now that the mechanical speed control is gone, but considering that the Hotshot 2007 has the Hotshot 2 tub, which has a quite strong visual impact, I consider it surprising that the “invisible” improvement of using selftapping screws has not been applied.
6. No 850 bearings for the diffjoints (outside the 1150 bearings) and no advice to add them to reduce diff joint slop, as with the Bigwig. Unless the gearbox housings have been modified, making fitting of these 4 extra 850 bearings impossible, I will add them on mine.
On the positive side, except the things we knew about already:
1. Reinforced rear upper arms in the lever area of the monoshock mount. A very much needed and truly welcome improvement!
2. Improved kingpin design. Hex head instead of screwdriver head (first release) and Phillips head (improved Hotshot 1 and later). The “hex” is smaller in diameter and thus will probably cause less wear on the “ballcup area” of the suspension arms (less/no grinding) and more important, makes assembly by far easier.
3. E-clips instead of C-clips for the diffjoints. The original’s c-clips were fiddly to mount, ever worse to remove and tiny, so were easily lost during assembly and maintenance. The larger E-clips surely offer a benefit here, and may also add a little more of the very much needed stability to the diff assembly.
4. Rubber boot on switch. Not important, but a nice touch.
5. Reinforced wing mount. Two almost vertical “struts” have been added. A little strange as the original was indeed adequate, but with no significant visual impact or other disadvantages, still welcome.
6. Hotshot 2 / TA01 type front uprights. Reduced bumpsteer compared to the original Hotshot’s upright type. For the purists, the original Hotshot 1 type uprights are included as well (on the D-parts tree), but marked as “not used” in the parts overview.
7. Both a steel antenna (like Hotshot 1) and a plastic antenna pipe with aluminum holder!
So, do I look forward to receiving the kit, which is currently in transit? Yes, I do. It will be nice to “travel” back to May 1st 1985, when I built my first Hotshot and seeing it finished in all its visual glory will be a joy. However, now knowing to a large extent how it will run, I think mine will stay a “static” model after assembly. After the XR311, the first re-release I don’t really feel any desire to run!
Update: Tamiya HQ obviously doesn’t have a problem admitting that the Hotshot 2007 is based on a very outdated design with limited positive characteristics in absolute technical terms, with focus on nostalgy rather than actual performance. Quote from Tamiya HQ’s English website: “Take this updated Hotshot out for a spin and compare it to today’s R/C buggies to experience how far this hobby has developed!”
July 17Tamiya mini RC buggy collection
Precision reappearance of surprise! Popularity RC buggy of past years collection.
The precise detail which is condensed to total length approximately 7cm sees and it is answer. Lining up the popularity RC buggy of the Tamiya past years. Unique style of course mechanism such as suspension as faithfully as possible reduction. Pasting the bundled seal, it finishes. Furthermore, also the profile card and the logographic entering exhibition stand being attached, the collection is the pleasure.
As for the package of 110×80×42mm all the model commonness. Some machine has entered, after opening the box, you enjoy.
Size the 1/10RC buggy approximately 1/6. It is the total length approximately 7cm which rides the palm demurely.
The body removes every one same as the 1/10RC buggy, possibility. Furthermore, the battery it can remove.
As for line-up including secret, 16 types! As for model Buggy Champ (Rough Rider), Frog and Hornet, Grasshopper and Avante. Respectively, the variation of 3 types, one clear version which can enjoy the free coloring, normal version of the original color and custom color, a total of 15 types. Furthermore, the secret machine of special specification is prepared.
Becoming fire attaching part of electromotive RC buggy boom is Buggy Champ. The custom color of the original color, the blue & white of the orange & white, lining up 3 types of clear of transparent body.
Adopts the space frame the reformist machine which Frog. The custom color of the original color, white & the light/write green of white & pink, lining up 3 types of clear of transparent body.
2WD racing buggy of popularity No.1, hornet. The custom color of the original color and the blue of black, 3 types of clear of transparent body were arranged.
The enrollment model which the world of the real RC buggy is and in the [tsu] coming makes familiar, the grasshopper. The custom color of the original color and the green of white, 3 types of clear of transparent body have been even.
The pure racing model which fully loads the reformist mechanic, Avante. The 1/10RC that way original color, the yellow part of the wheel the custom color which designates the suit of the driver as yellow, 3 kinds of clear of transparent body were lined up to white.
1/300 old Japanese naval shell type destroyer blowing snow underwater motor attachments
1/300 old Japanese naval shell type destroyer evening the motor attachment in the mendicant
1/35 American naval PBR31 Mk.II [piba] underwater motor attachment
1/35 American assault amphibious tank AAVP7A1 underwater motor attachment
July 10Tamiya hobby store diorama
Just when you thought the TA05 couldn’t get any better, Tamiya now brings you the next evolution of this race-spec chassis, the TA05MS. This iteration features further refinements that combines the merits of the TA05 and TRF415 to make this the best performing TA05 chassis yet!
TRF series, takeoff!
Three alphabets which become pronoun of the advanced machine, TRF is the word which points to the Tamiya racing factory. It participates to off road race mainly from the eighties end, with touring car popularity the stage of participating moves to this category. And 1996, TA03F PRO controlling All-American championships in 1997 the activity at a stroke in the start acceleration. You start pure racer “TRF404X project”, challenge to apex of the world. You collect also the data of many users in addition to the participation of the TRF member, with the sale of pure racer TRF414. Finally 2002, acquiring the throne 2004 both name and reality in the IFMAR world championship which disputes the seat RC the greatest in the world. Furthermore, victory is repeated with big race/lace e.g., 2006, it conquers also REEDY RACE 2007. Also the machine design and development of the part start on the basis of the experience which is cultivated with those races/laces. The world champion team, product line-up and the TRF series which include the know-how of TRF start.
Strongest TA05 which concentrates the know-how of TRF
The fact that it has become the series first chassis kit is TA05 MS. TRF415 of the pure racer and TA05 of isometric 2 belt drives it sets the motor helicopter loading site which decides the weight balance of the body, to intermediate position almost, upper 2mm, adopting the 2.5mm thick carbon double deck. Looking back characteristic and the good quality of the throttle response of TRF415 where TA05 is superior it was compatible at high dimension. Furthermore, the front and back wide pitch pulley, equipping front one way and the aluminum motor mount etc of cantilever center shaft specification. In addition, as for center pulley as for direct type and damper stay also front and back 3mm thick carbon make, front and back common high accuracy aluminum make bulkhead, aluminum make steering wheel arm standard equipment. It finished in the TA05 strongest machine which concentrates the know-how of TRF.
About the model
# 2mm upper and 2.5mm lower double-deck structure made from tough, lightweight carbon fiber.
# Chassis layout sees motor, battery, and other heavy components mounted low and near the center for optimum weight distribution.
# Two belt-driven 4WD system features front/rear wide pitch pulleys, and front one-way to optimize power transmission efficiency.
# High-quality front and rear aluminum bulkheads provide added strength while saving weight.
# Aluminum steering arm ensures consistent and precise steering operation.
# Front and rear damper stays are made from 3mm thick carbon fiber and also allow greater customization of suspension settings thanks to more attachment positions.
# Aluminum motor mount provides weight savings and enhanced heat dissipation.
The aluminum steering wheel wiper which optimizes Ackermann. As for pulley also front and back wide pitch type.
As for direct center pulley in shaft cantilever type being slim motor mount. The belt the rear is short a little setting.
Approximately adopting the common aluminum make bulkhead. Rear aluminum diff. joint standard equipment.