Posted on December 31st, 2012 at 9:53 AM by admin

TAMIYA 2013 ?

As in the previous years

a) which products do you think Tamiya could release this year (static, RC, mini, anything else) and

b) which products would you personally like to be released (regardless of if their chances are realistic)?

Feel free to use the comments link at the end of this entry (comments are shown after being checked which can take some hours).

The team of tamiyablog.com thanks again for the continuously growing
reader base and support and wishes everyone a great 2013!

103 Responses to “ Guesses and Wishes for Tamiya 2013 Releases ”

• Crypton says:

Porsche 956 Canon

• Brady says:

I’d like to see Tamiya produce a 1/48 and/or 1/32 scale F-82 Twin Mustang that would be much better quality than the old outdated Modelcraft model. Too many manufacturers produce it only in 1/72 and never go on to make a new 1/48 scale model. Tamiya making this would be awesome. I would like to see Tamiya also make a 1/48 scale P-38 and a P-51H along with both versions (razorback and bubbletop) of their nice P-47 in 1/32 scale. Most of all I’d like to see them produce the F-82 Twin Mustang especially since one has recently been almost completely restored to airworthiness they just need the left-handed prop to take her up I believe.

Brady

• Kevin Lockhart says:

I really wish that Mr. Tamiya would release the Blazing Blazer. It’s a tru stunner and a highly wanted model every time there is one listed on eBay tamiya fans go wild. I always wanted the Blazing Blazer every since I laid my eyes on it 20 years ago and fans snatch theme no sooner than I can save up for one.
    The bruiser is a great re-release, however I write to Tamiya to release this most wanted 3 speed often not only for me but others as welI. I only hope that they will respond and release this vehicle.

• David Crump says:

With the release of the T55 Enigma and the future release of the M1A2 Abrams SEP Tusk 2, I would really love to see an Iraqi T62 with the rubber side skirts and armored searchlight covers. Also a Type 69 -2 with the boom shield slat armor based on the fantastic T55 kit but with the correct engine deck and transmission bulge at the bottom of the hull!

• AC says:

Please re-issue:

1/6 Harley Davidson Fat Boy
    1/12 Lotus 49 Ford

Thanks.

• Tamiya fan says:

My wish list :

Tamiya bigwig
    Porsche 959
    Fox

• Bob Barnes says:

I wish… no, i implore Mr. Tamiya to give us some “modern” vehicles (meaning post WWII!) in the MM48 series. The Hummer was an acceptable first step, but one step won’t lead us very far…

For instance, a T-55 as a second step would be just wonderful!! Followed by a Merkava I and maybe some M-113, M-48/60, T72.

And on any scale, after the wonderful Tiran-5, which is already in itself a great news, i dream we could get an Achzarit!!!

Cheers!

Another Tamiya fan.

• eric says:

Loctite R33

• Steven Paesschesoone says:

I really wish to see a new MotoGP (2012 versions) bike, maybe a reedition of the 24092/24094.

• Vince Stolarczyk says:

either 1/48 or 1/32 P-38, any variant
    1/32 Dornier 335
    1/32 Me-262
    1/48 or 1/32 B-26
    1/48 B-17
    1/48 B-58

• Ben says:

The last battleship: HMS Vanguard in 1:350

• Mike Acker says:

I really would like to see 1/350 scale model of CV6 (USS Enterprise) 1942 version.

• Jon Da Silva says:

PLEASE retool your WWII 1/350 Missouri as a WWII New Jersey! Round Bridge. We need a highly tooled Iowa Class to go along with the new tool Yamato.

• Jason says:

How about:

A 1/24 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

A 1/200 Nimitz class carrier

A 1/32 Boeing B-29

And a pony, and a pet monkey.

• John says:

1/700 Meko 200 series (options for multiple countries)
    1/700 Halifax class
    1/700 Iroquois class (Refit)
    1/700 Type 23 Duke class

Basically, anything 1/700 and modern, and not just something from the USN or JMSDF. Please, and thank you.

• Thomas Lester says:

Update the 1/350 USS Enterprise CVN-65 kit to how she has looked for the last few years up to her retirement this past Dec. The basic kit as it is now will work for the update, it would just require a few additions/modifications. Like communication domes, radars, weapons platforms, weapons, & the RHIB deck to name the ones I know about. I’d be happy to send you photos of the above mentioned additions/modifications…

Also like to see 1/350 kits of the following:
    -USS West Virginia BB-48 (1944-45 fit)
    -USS Long Beach CGN-9

• ssquibb79 says:

1/700 Forrestal Class CV
    1/700 Essex Class SCB-125 CV
    1/700 Midway Class CV
    1/700 Midway Class SCB-110 CV

• BFR4570 says:

An accurate 1/350 USS Enterprise CV-6. Also, a 1/48 B-58 Hustler gets my vote!

• JT says:

More US Naval ships! Tamiya was once the go-to place ships for, but not so much anymore. The Enterprise/Hornet mold is older than I am, and Tamiya had a chance to fix it when they release the Yorktown, but big flipping surprise, it was the same thing! Time to invest in a up-to-date, accurate mold of the Yorktown class aircraft carriers. Lets get a proper CV-6 Enterprise, heaven knows it would certainly sell, in either 1/350 or 1/700. People will see Trumpeters 1/200 Hornet in 2 years and think thats a bit big and expensive, if only someone made something just as good in a smaller scale. The modeling community has their hands out, screaming “take my money!” for an accurate yorktown class carrier in plastic.

Screw it, can we get some more Yamato’s or Missouri’s?

• John says:

I’d like to see a 1/35th Chaffee, M4a3, Puma, Luchs.
    1/48 Hellcat, Dauntless, P-39 and P-40.

• Robert Melvin says:

1/350 CV 6 U.S.S. Enterprise (or a sister).

• Magnus Berggren says:

1/350 Courageous-class carrier

1/350 Revenge-class battleship

1/48 P-38

1/48 Supermarine Scimitar

1/48 Torpedo and rescue boats

• Phil says:

A 1/350th Royal Navy County Class Cruiser, please.

This will be attractive to Japanese, British, American and German modellers.

• Nigel Frampton says:

I would like to see an accurate 1/32 P-51B and Dornier 335. Some 1/32 scale softskins would be nice also, such as an AEC Matador Fuel tanker and Austin K2 Ambulance.
    A new tool 1/350 Essex class Carrier and if I can be greedy a new tool 1/350 Yorktown class too.

• Ross M says:

Battleship HMS Vanguard – in 1/350 or 1/700.
    HMS Rodney – 1/350.
    Battlecruiser USS Alaska – in 1/350 or 1/700.

• Matt Ellias says:

1/48 Panzer IV F1

• Battleships Hiei, Hyuga (not hybrid) and HMS Vanguard at 1/350
    Future Carrier USS Gerald Ford 1/350 and 1/700

• chris says:

Blazing Blazer
    Blazing Blazer
    See above
    Repeat

No pet monkey

• thijs says:

Future releases…1/32 Messerschmidt Me 109 or a focke wulf fw 190
    1/24 Toyota TS030
    Rerelease of the first 1/32 F-14A Tomcat (with decals by carthograph)

Wishlist: 1/24-1/12 porsche 917 K
    1/32 F-14 Tomcat new tooling
    1/48 F-14 tomcat

• David says:

monster beetle & juggernaut please !!! ;)

• Tony twist says:

A trf 512 beltdrive 4wd, no pony..

• Tom K says:

A newly tooled 1/48 Sea Harrier FRS 1 is overdue.

• Caesar says:

1/700 HMS Vanguard 1950
    1/700 HMS Colossus 1946
    1/700 HMS Courageous
    1/700 Italian Navy Duilio
    1/700 Italian Navy Pola

• TA says:

What I’d like to see released:
    1/32 Fw190 A
    1/20 Lotus 49
    1/20 Brabham BT52
    1/24 Porsche 917K (full detail)
    1/24 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing (full detail and opening doors)
    1/24 Peugeot 905
    1/350 HMS Victorious (WWII)
    1/350 Titanic
    1/350 Hindenburg Airship (A bit left field but would look impressive alongside 1/350 ships)

• Ant says:

1/32 A6M3 Type 22 and 32
    1/32 A6M2-N Rufe
    1/32 Aichi Val
    1/32 Nakajima Kate

1/32 IJN Aircraft Maintenance Crew
    1/32 IJN Island airstrip accessories.

• ***1986 1/12 PORSCHE 959-PARIS DAKAR WINNER,I’m certain people will buy these buy the hundreds . The Buzz around the NY Rc scene is that everybody wants one!!

• Daniel Boucherie says:

I would hope for the re-release of the Egress

• Jeff owens says:

A newer version of the 1/32 f-16

• Vladimir says:

definitivno je potreban poslednji bojni brod
    HMS Vanguard 1/350

• marsenic says:

HMS Vanguard 1/350

HMS Vanguard 1/350

HMS Vanguard 1/350

• Daniel B says:

I do wish that the Top Force evolution and Dyna Storm would be re-released. My original models are now to fragile to run.
    I am very grateful that the Egress was re-released (I just got mine a few days ago). Thank you from a 25 year devoted fan.

• admin says:

The Dyna Storm was one of the first re-releases (2002), if you search (kit number 49400) maybe you will still find one.
    Best regards,
    Admin

• Why isnt the Avante 2001 kit re released with original box artwork?

The car was and still is the best looking of the Avante series with stunning box art and sport tuned motor.

Why release the bodykit and just hacve it as an extra option? re re the last of the Avante Family and that way all collectors have all the cars they wanted.

• admin says:

Well, I can’t speak of behalf of Tamiya but for me and many others it wasn’t something special, just the cheapo version of the lovely original AV. Also the sport tuned motor was nothing special, no comparison to the Technigold. Also Vanquish should be counted to that family, so its not really the last.
    Regards,
    Admin

• That car was the first Avante (they were only 2 then in 1990) that was perfect out of the box, it was very fast, high performance, and stable! Something the original Avante was not, plus it wasnt’t prone to breaking I still have my Avante 2001 from then and its excellent! I really want another..okay I will say it -its my favourite Tamiya car along with the old Hotshot from way back in 1985.
    (I have 34 Tamiya R/C kits-been collecting since the mid 1980’s to present day)
    The styling on the 2001 is to my taste even better!
    I really hope they re-release it.
    Fair enough Vanquish, but not one for me-just want the Avante family!!-I have all of them, just want a brand new AVANTE 2001 with the new improvements etc.

• admin says:

Well tastes are personal (I have quite a “few” Tamiya kits myself ;) ) and for real racing also the 2001 was as useless as the original. For me the Vanquish belongs as much to the family as the Egress.
    Regards,
    Admin

• ADR says:

Shouldn’t we be talking about 2014 already?

Personally I’d like to see a CC-02 in the next 12 months, but the original keeps chugging along, so ‘if it ain’t broke…’ I guess.

• admin says:

If you see the dates of the previous such posts its always at the last days of the old or the first days of the new year, so please be patient few more weeks. :)
    Regards,