November 29Tamiya World Championship 2010
I AM BACK!!!
Among the many R/C models Tamiya has produced, the epoch-making dune buggy R/C model “Avante 4WD” is still an extremely popular machine. After 20 years since it first excited R/C drivers all around the world with its dynamic form, the Avante is back!
●Length: 420mm ●Width: 240mm ●Height: 115mm ●Wheelbase: 260mm
●Tread (L/R): 200mm ●Minimum Ground Clearance: 40mm ●Weight: 1300g
●Double-Deck Frame ●Tires (F/R): 38/88mm ●Polycarbonate Body ●F/R Multi-Link Suspension ●F/R Metal Oil Dampers ●Gear Ratio: 1:8.33
●Limited Edition Avante T-Shirt Included (w/First Production Run)
In March 1988, Tamiya released an electric R/C 4WD racing buggy called the “Avante” and it has since become a special machine in Tamiya’s R/C history. The machine featured a unique shaft-driven 4WD system which was taken from Tamiya’s first 4WD R/C buggy, the Hotshot. It also featured a highly sophisticated design including a FRP double-deck chassis layout, longitudinal motor & battery positions, and a formula-type body with chassis fairing. It was equipped with innovative components such as a compact gearbox with 3 small planetary gears, a center diff to increase stability, a fully adjustable suspension, and cam-lock wheel caps.
The Avante was a distinctive R/C machine which featured an innovative design. After 20 years, some of the Avante’s mechanisms have become standard features on modern R/C cars. The ultimate pure racing buggy returns in 2011.
Tamiya has given the Avante (2011) the special re-release treatment just like other re-released buggies such as the Buggy Champ and Hotshot. Here is a brief introduction of the improved points.
1. Main frame material has been changed from FRP to carbon fiber.
Original FRP upper/lower decks have been replaced with 2.0mm thick carbon fiber decks to further increase chassis strength and rigidity. Chassis layout is optimized for installing modern R/C equipment.
2. Carbon Fiber Rear Damper Stay
Rear damper stay is thicker than the original and its material has also been changed to carbon fiber. Left and right stays are connected to further increase rigidity.
3. Assembly Universal Shafts
WO universal shafts are used for both front and rear to reduce friction loss.
4. Easier Damper Maintenance
The gold-colored oil damper cylinders feature bottom caps for easier maintenance such as replacing o-rings.
5. Durable Polycarbonate Body Shell
The body, wing, and chassis fairing have been made with polycarbonate for superb off-road durability.
6. Wheel Axle/Clamp Type Wheel Hubs
Wheel axles have been changed to standard pin-secured type. In conjunction with aluminum wheel hubs, secure wheel attachment is possible. The hex wheel hubs enable attachment of off-road wheels such as Item 53880 Large Dish Wheels (4WD/Front, 62/25) and Item 53881 Large Dish Wheels (Rear, 62/35) in addition to the original cam-lock type wheels.
7. Duralumin front knuckles
The original die-cast front knuckles have been replaced with duralumin knuckles to further increase strength and durability. New knuckles feature the same shape as the original.
8. Compatible with a wide range of battery packs.
The Avante (2011) is compatible with a wide range of Tamiya battery products such as Ni-Cd, high-capacity Ni-MH, and lightweight LF battery packs.
9. Latest R/C Systems
The Avante is compatible with all Tamiya R/C systems including the 2.4GHz systems. Click here for more information on the latest Tamiya Expec GT-I 2.4GHz R/C System.
10. The Original Packaging is also Revived!
The package for this re-release model comes with the same design and dimensions as the original Avante. In addition, just like the original Avante, all the parts are stored in blister packs. The “Avante” logo and rear wing sticker will remain the same as the original. Other stickers will be of a new Tamiya design.
Article will be updated whenever we obtain new material.
Tamiya 58489 1/10 R/C AVANTE (2011)
To be released February 11, 2011.
The basic configuration of the original boasted a high driving performance and high quality without changing up and the strength of the material such as changing the chassis parts. The current RC mechanism is in support of travel such as a battery. Aluminum parts increased the intensity of the front knuckle, double deck change the purpose of increased strength carbon material. Ordered structure and upscale parts. Only the first production run will be shipped with Avante T-shirt.
Tentative price including tax 52800 yen.
The main chassis is equipped with a CPR unit was assumed. Mechanical response to the current FRP double deck, not made. Changes, including increased strength carbon material. Riyadanpasute carbon material can be. Same package size and design models to reprint the original box. Parts will be reproduced in blister. Tamiya original decals with changes in detail. The front knuckle machined aluminum parts and change the intensity increased while pursuing the same shape. Specifications can change the oil o-ring to be a lower cap ring that can be easily replaced. For unspecified motor is still attached. Be able to reproduce the image of the original gold color. Number of turns, motor can, end bell, colored stickers are to be considered.
The Tamiya Fair 2010 will take place from Nov. 20th-21st at Twin Messe in Shizuoka-Pref. Various fun events including R/C and Mini 4WD World Championship races are planned for your enjoyment. New items will also be displayed at the venue.
* 1/10 R/C STADIUM BLITZER (2010)
* 1/10 R/C TOYOTA ALTEZZA RACING VERSION (TT-01D TYPE-E CHASSIS) DRIFT SPEC
* 1/10 R/C NISSAN 370Z (TT-01 TYPE-E CHASSIS)
* 1/10 R/C FORD SVT F-150 LIGHTNING (TT-01 TYPE-E CHASSIS)
* 1/10 R/C MINI COOPER ’94 MONTE CARLO (M-05 CHASSIS)
* 1/10 R/C RAYBRIG HSV-010 (TT-01 TYPE-E CHASSIS)
* 1/10 R/C HONDA CIVIC TYPE-R R3 J.A.S. MOTORSPORT (TT-01 TYPE-E CHASSIS)
* 1/10 R/C WEIDER HSV-010 (TA05 ver.II CHASSIS)
* 1/10 R/C AVANTE (2011)
Tentative price including tax 52800 yen. The main chassis is equipped with a CPR unit was assumed. Mechanical response to the current FRP double deck, not made. Changes, including increased strength carbon material. Riyadanpasute carbon material can be. Same package size and design models to reprint the original box. Parts will be reproduced in blister. Tamiya original decals with changes in detail. The front knuckle machined aluminum parts and change the intensity increased while pursuing the same shape. Specifications can change the oil o-ring to be a lower cap ring that can be easily replaced. For unspecified motor is still attached. Be able to reproduce the image of the original gold color. Number of turns, motor can, end bell, colored stickers are to be considered.
* XB NISSAN 370Z (TT-01 TYPE-E CHASSIS)
* XB TOYOTA ALTEZZA RACING VERSION (TT-01D TYPE-E CHASSIS) DRIFT SPEC
* [TRF] HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTOR TRANSPEED BRUSHLESS OCTA-WIND 4.5T
* [TRF] HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTOR TRANSPEED BRUSHLESS OCTA-WIND 5.0T
* [TRF] HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTOR TRANSPEED BRUSHLESS OCTA-WIND 7.5T
* [TRF] HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTOR TRANSPEED BRUSHLESS OCTA-WIND 8.5T
* [TRF] HIGH PERFORMANCE MOTOR TRANSPEED BRUSHLESS OCTA-WIND 9.5T
* XB BUGGY CHAMP (2009) (WITHOUT R/C SYSTEM)
* 1/10 R/C BMW M3 GT2 2009 LIGHTWEIGHT BODY PARTS SET
* 1/10 R/C LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP560-4 SUPER TROFEO LIGHTWEIGHT BODY PARTS SET
* TRF417 CENTER ONE-WAY SET
* TRF417 FRONT ONE-WAY SET
* 1/10 R/C HONDA NSX 2005 GT LIGHTWEIGHT BODY PARTS SET
* 1/10 R/C EUNOS ROADSTER BODY PARTS SET
* 1/10 R/C VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE BODY PARTS SET
* M-05 BLACK PLATED FRAME SET
* M-05 RED PLATED FRAME SET
* 1/10 R/C MINI COOPER RACING (M-05 CHASSIS) (w/FINISHED BODY)
* EXPEC GT-II 2.4G RADIO CONTROL SYSTEM
* [OP] M-06 ALUMINUM SERVO MOUNT
* [OP] M-CHASSIS REINFORCED GEAR SET
* [OP] DN-01 FRONT DISH WHEELS (PINK)
* [OP] DN-01 REAR DISH WHEELS (PINK)
* [OP] F104 SEPARATED UPPER DECK SET (Tentative)
* [OP] F104 HEAVY PIVOT POST (Tentative)
* [SP] 1/10 R/C ENDLESS 370Z BODY PARTS SET
* [SP] 1/10 R/C VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES MP4-24 BODY PARTS SET
* [SP] M-06 A PARTS (CHASSIS)
* [SP] M-06 B PARTS (BATTERY HOLDER)
* [SP] M-06 D PARTS (GEARBOX)
* [SP] M-06 E PARTS (DAMPER STAY)
* [SP] M-06 PRO 3x34mm BALL-HEAD SUSPENSION SHAFT
* [SP] M-06 URETHANE BUMPER
* [SP] TRF417 LOW FRICTION FRONT DRIVE BELT
* [SP] TRF417 SPUR GEAR (111T)
* [SP] TRF417 SPUR GEAR (113T)
* [SP] TRF417 BALL DIFF PLATE (2PCS.)
* [SP] TRF417 FRONT DIRECT CUP (2PCS.)
* [SP] TRF417 CROSS JOINT SET
* [SP] 1/10 R/C RAYBRIG HSV-010 BODY PARTS SET
* [SP] 1/10 R/C HONDA CIVIC TYPE-R R3 J.A.S. MOTORSPORT BODY PARTS SET
* [SP] TRF417 WHEEL AXLE (2PCS.)
* [SP] TRF417 ALUMINUM DIFF JOINT SET
* 1/35 U.S. HOWITZER MOTOR CARRIAGE M8 “AWAITING ORDERS” SET (w/3 FIGURES)
* 1/35 U.S. LIGHT TANK M5A1 “PURSUIT OPERATION” SET (w/4 FIGURES)
* 1/12 YAMAHA YZR-M1 ’09 FIAT YAMAHA TEAM (ESTORIL EDITION)
* 1/20 TEAM LOTUS TYPE 78 1977 (w/PHOTO-ETCHED PARTS)
* 1/24 LEXUS LFA
* 1/32 SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE Mk.XVIe (Tentative)
* 1/48 JAPANESE NAVY KOMATSU G40 BULLDOZER (FINISHED MODEL)
* 1/48 KETTENKRAFTRAD w/INFANTRY CART (FINISHED MODEL)
* 1/20 Tyrrell P34 1977 MONACO GP, No.3 (FINISHED MODEL)
* 1/12 DATSUN 240ZG (Tentative)
* 1/24 VW GOLF RACING Group 2
* 1/24 RENAULT 5 TURBO RALLY
* 1/35 U.S. M60A3 105mm GUN TANK
* 1/100 BOEING B-52D STRATOFORTRESS
* 1/24 VW KARMANN-GHIA COUPE 1966 MODEL
* 1/24 CITROEN 2CV
* 1/24 FIAT 500F
* 1/24 FIAT ABARTH 695SS
* 1/24 ALPINE A110 1600SC
* 1/24 ALFA ROMEO GIULIA SPRINT GTA
* MINI 4WD STARTER SET w/AVANTE CLEAR SPECIAL (2 TYPES)
* 1/32 FULLY COWLED MINI 4WD SONIC SABER PREMIUM (SUPER-II CHASSIS)
* MINI 4WD ALUMINUM HEX MOUNT SET (RED 10mm,15mm)
* MINI 4WD ALUMINUM HEX MOUNT SET (BLUE 10mm,15mm)
* 1/32 FULLY COWLED MINI 4WD TRIDAGGER X PREMIUM (SUPER-II CHASSIS)
* MINI 4WD PINION PULLER (BLUE)
* 1/32 SUPER MINI 4WD LIBERTY EMPEROR
* 1/32 SUPER MINI 4WD TOM GHODY SPECIAL
* 1/32 SUPER MINI 4WD “SHAO BAI RON”
* 1/32 SUPER MINI 4WD BIG BANG GHOST
* 1/32 SUPER MINI 4WD LIBERTY EMPEROR BLACK SPECIAL
TOOLS & PAINTS
* MODELER’S SIDE CUTTER α (GRAY)
* HG REVERSE ACTION ANGLED TWEEZERS
* HG REVERSE ACTION STRAIGHT TWEEZERS
* TAMIYA WEATHERING MASTER G SET (FOR FIGURES I)
* TAMIYA WEATHERING MASTER H SET (FOR FIGURES II)